1. Yeah, that's what I'd prefer, not every DVD comes this way though.
2. I don't really care either way about stylish fonts, as long as I can read what's going on then I'm happy. I've never watched a fansub whose subtitles I had trouble reading; however, every anime I've watched on DVD has fuckugly orange or yellow pixelated bullshit subs that are either fucking xbox hueg or tiny.
3. Some translator's notes are important, How the fuck are you supposed to understand some of the wordplay jokes the elevens think or so hilarious? Also, they don't have to be in the subs, they could be in the leaflet that comes in the case, or they cold have a VH1 pop up video style thing that's optional.
4. I don't understand what's so hard about replicating the DVD cover and the picture printed on the disc.
5. See #1, that's awesome, but that's like 1 in a million. The Eva platinum DVDs had a good idea with the two nerdy guys discussing Eva and philosophy, but they didn't really have anything to say which I think was pretty evident with the way they were pausing and stuttering the whole time.
6. Every time I've ever considered buying a DVD they always cost about $30-$35. Some, like the Haruhi and Hellsing limited editions, were fucking ridiculously priced when you really consider what you're getting for that extra money.