No.9724538 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I really wanted a little brother. So much so that when it was time for my mother to go to the hospital, I threw a tantrum and told her she wasn't allowed to go have a girl.

Before I first met my little sister, my dad sat me on his knee and explained that I was one of the most important people in her life. While my mom and dad were important, sometimes they had to be the bad guys. My job was always to be the good guy and protect her. I took the job very seriously.

But it was hard, mainly because my sister worshiped the ground I walked on.

Academics, sports, menial feats of strength. Anything I did, my little sister was amazed by and praised me to no end.

As my true nature was revealed, my achievements became things that most people wouldn't consider praiseworthy. Instead of Older Brother the Strong, it was Older Brother who could eat two Big Macs in one setting. But even the most banal of accomplishments, my sister would celebrate and encourage me with.

This changed over Christmas. My sister announced that she had earned a partial scholarship to Penn State, where she wanted to study Biology. When she asked what my December had been like, I replied that I managed to score some really rare anime LD's off ebay, and for the first time in her life, she rolled her eyes at me.

It hurts, anonymous. It hurts.