I regret nothing

No.9572997 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Squinting my eyes in the morning sun, I turn away from the window. My gaze rests upon her body. Eyes closed, she looks absolutely calm. Her chest moves quietly up and down as she breaths. I roll towards her and embrace her, the smell of her messy hair penetrates my nostrils. Slowly, she wakes up as I watch her; her lips draw a lazy smile.

"Hey," she yawns, moving closer. "Want breakfast?"

"Not right now," I answer, kissing her forehead. "Let's just lie down here for a while."

"Alright." She gives me that catlike smile she knows I love, closing her eyes. She looks so careless and happy right now.
Squinting my eyes in the morning sun, I look beside me. Once again, I woke up hugging the pillow. I roll away from the stabbing rays of the morning sun, chasing the vanishing memories of that sweet dream.

"Another year's gone by." I say aloud to the empty bedroom. A small, humorless smile finds its way onto my face when nobody replies. Stumbling towards the computer, I turn on the monitor for the morning ritual. A few new releases downloaded in the night from the RSS torrent; some spam that managed to get past the filters.

I sigh loudly, slumping into the old chair, almost not wanting to hit the bookmark. 4chan is always a mess this time of the year.

I catch myself sighing once again. The sound of the automatic coffee machine lures me into the kitchen with promises of a better day and my fix of glucose and caffeine. Holding my cup, I look out the silent apartment into the busy streets.

"Another valentine's."