No.9519067 ViewReplyOriginalReport
"I can't blame you for choosing her. Anybody with the slightest bit of common sense would make that choice."
"Asuka... I..."
She interrupted me. Well, sort of. I really wasn't sure of what I wanted to say. What could I say? Even if she truly loved me, I still had feelings for Rei.
"Don't worry Anonymous. So far, I've lived on my own, by my own, only for me, only for my own values and my own satisfaction. I don't need you, or anyone else for that matter. I... I don't want to be lonely anymore. If I could... I'd rather be with you then be alone. But it's too late now. And besides... half of your heart is not enough. If I can't have you all to myself, then I'd rather not have you at all..."
She raised her head and looked at me. I could see sadness in her eyes, yet there was something else. It almost seemed as if she suddenly felt at peace. A hint of a smile appeared on her face, a kind of smile I had never seen before. Despite the situation, the only thought that crossed my mind at that moment was that I had never seen anything as beautiful before.
"It's okay. I can manage on my own. You be happy with Rei... Anonymous... I... I love you..."
This said, all that remained of her strength collapsed and she retreated to her room.
She had just said that she loved me... she loved me...