you /yu; unstressed yʊ, yə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[yoo; unstressed yoo, yuh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation pronoun, possessive your or yours, objective you, plural you; noun, plural yous.
1. the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
2. one; anyone; people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
3. (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
4. Informal. (used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.
a. yourself; yourselves: Get you home. Make you ready.
b. a pl. form of the pronoun ye.
6. something or someone closely identified with or resembling the person addressed: Don't buy the bright red shirt—it just isn't you. It was like seeing another you.
7. the nature or character of the person addressed: Try to discover the hidden you.