Stating the obvious:
* Since there are less black pieces than white, this is symbolic to black being the underdog!
* Many of the prominent white pieces, including the king and queen, are down.
* The remaining white pieces = 4 pawns, the vertical dude, and the tower thingie.
* The remaining black pieces = King, both knights, tower thingie, 2 pawns.
* The blood is only on the black side, specifically near the king and on top of his crown.
* The white tower that is down must represent Avalon, while the white tower that’s still standing must represent Ashford Academy which is associated with Britannia and survives through fucking everything. Everything.
* The downed black tower thus must be the Ikaruga, because shows need lots of explosions so the Ikaruga is definitely fucking getting blown up. The black tower must be Ougi because that fucker lives through everything.
* Lelouch is going to get blood spilled on his head. Duh. Clearly if the directors were trying to symbolize Lelouch blood staining his hands, the King piece would have hands. Hurrr.