Some stupid bitch forced some symbolism on TTGL

No.13304134 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, I just found this shit on facebok right now, where I'm assuming the guy posted cause he was too much of a pussy to post somewhere else. Here's what he posted:
Ok, just tossing this out there to start:

TTGL is epic, i think we're all agreed there. But what makes it so good? I for one noticed that it shares a theme common to most great works of narration, amongst many of its great themes.

When Kamina died (T_T) it wasn't only the enemy who killed him. Simon had a hand in it- only his lack of resolve forced Kamina to come rescue, resulting in his death. Symbolically lets call this Simon killing Kamina. Now, as we know, Kamina has been with Simon for a long time, and though he calls K aniki, he actually looks up to him more as a father figure. Kamina teaches Simon what he can, then he dies, and lo and behold, Nia shows up. Not only that, she comforts and fixes him. Symbolically, Simon has gained the woman, or mother figure, through the loss of Kamina, his father figure.

This is Oedipus.

Yes, Nia is the romantic interest, but so was Oedipus' mother. The Oedipus complex as described by Freud is not limited to the original drama, but encompasses the desire for the symbolic son to surpass his father and gain the female. Yoko becomes a part of Simon's drill Harem also. The phallic nature of the drill and its role in the series should be a clue already.

Point: Kamina wanted to reach the surface world because of his own father, who died in the attempt. Similarly, Simon gained the resolve to defeat the Spiral King through the death of Kamina. The last battle sums it up nicely- Simon's drill contains the hopes of the lost and the future of everyone to come, establishing a transition of power from Kamina's father to Kamina to Simon and finally to Darry. It's a beautifully executed Oedipus complex.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this was stupid.