No.13202341 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Dear /a/.

I'm trying REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hard to finish Higurashi. I'm getting back into anime after a hiatus of many years. It started out bad when a friend of mine made me download Lucky Star, which I some how made it through 4 episodes of. I'm now watching Higurashi. I'm on episode 5 of the second season (so that's technically what, the 30th episode?) And it just feels like it needed to end at 26.

As far as the first 26 episodes are concerned I liked it, eh, was pretty cool anime and isn't afraid to gore, had a cool plot, and ended pretty well. It's just this second season feels like total fanservice. I need some motivation to get through it.

Anyways, as far as my anime list goes, I will admit I'm a bit of a shonen fan although I know there is better stuff out there, and have seen plenty of it. Up next on my list is Last Exile and Rozen Maiden (sp?). Anymore suggestions? I hate to admit but I do enjoy feel good anime, with cute moments, and lovable characters, a decent plot, and some action here and there. (I will admit, better plot that naruto and bleach is prefered)

TL;DR : I need motivation to get through season 2 of Higurashi.