Gamer-tan story

No.13106449 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'll try to keep it a combo for screencapping sake.

A shot of bright blue Chuck Taylors running up a walk-up, we don't yet see anything but beneath the knee.

Gamer-tan: They had it, they had it, I can't believe they had it!

We see an apartment door closing with the flash of a white backpack with a Wii logo on it, an elbow clad in a loose red long-sleeve shirt. There's a creak and the sound of the door closing shut, followed by the sound of quickly walking feet.

Gamer-tan: The special edition came in, hoooooly craaaaaap, I've been waiting for this forever~

Another door opens into a room decked out with posters from Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Persona 3, Lunar, and other RPGs; there are fanarts from convention art shows, B&W from the web and elsewhere. The door closes and we see a printout of an FF6 moogle holding up a sign: "Gamer-tan's Room"

Gamer-tan: My stupid aunt and uncle aren't even my parents, they won't let me get a 360. So what, I have my PS2, it's the best system anyway.

We the backpack cast aside behind a large beanbag chair, sprawled over CD-Rs with hastily scribbled game names on them, organized semi-neatly in a pile next to an open, empty CD folio. We pan out to see a head of chin-length, tousled green hair against a latte-colored neck, which then leans back into the beanbag. We see a TV start up as the whir of a PS2 powers on.

Gamer-tan: /v/ was all excited to see this game on XBLA and nobody was torrenting it, I know this'll be worth the $80 but that was all my Pocky money for the week. ;-;

The PS2 boots up. The screen shows the title in large, simple font: "Rez" with scattered kanji and katakana underneath it. We see Gamer-tan's face in a pan upwards from her Chuck Taylors, now kicked off and on the floor, up past her legs and towards her eager face, looking childlike with the few freckles she has. She clutches the PS2 controller eagerly as she goes through the startup phase.