No.12759776 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sigh... Add me to the long list of people whose lives have been ruined by The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I watched it last semester and thought it was pretty cool, but it's gotten to the point where I'd rather re-watch Haruhi Suzumiya than watch a new anime. Haruhi Suzumiya is just that amazing of a character! And right now I'm on the verge of tears because of how insensitive /a/ is toward Haruhi. I mean, people are always talking about how the show sucks, or how she's a bitch, or how she deserves to be killed and/or raped, but I could handle that. After all, it is the internet. But what really crossed the line was that "Haruhi is a hamburger" thing. Fuck you, /a/. Haruhi is NOT a fucking hamburger. A hamburger is something you peel the wrapper off of, eat in about two minutes, then don't think about again. Haruhi is a wonderful, interesting character I'd love to hang out with every day, not a cheap fast food item you eat when you're in a hurry. If Haruhi were like a food, she'd have to be an everlasting gobstopper, because the excitement never ends as long as she's around.