I say this in every one of these threads, and I honestly mean it.
Whether it turns out to be a good or BAD (as in Geass/Gonzo-style bad) anime, it's basically got all the elements you need to make a successful, pandering show that can attract a decent audience.
- Standard shonen bildungsroman with Paul, complete with the boy-genius angle to play into the Geass/Death Note trend
- Semi-moe Chani and what would presumably be her DFC
- His amazing MILF of a mom and her amazing mind powers + general woman-badassery
- His crazy loli sister and her mental rape
- A fat pedophile as the main villain
- Said fat pedophile's pretty-boy nephew as the foil/climactic knife fight/etc.
- Token court intrigue with the Emperor, Irulan, Count Whatshisname and his wife, etc.
- The epic GAR sacrifices of most of Paul's wacky pals - Duncan, Thufir, Leto, Liet-Kynes
- The Andou-esque treachery of Yueh
- Liet-Kynes, because awesome ecologist is AWESOME.