Not defending yourself? Well then, allow me to point out all the shit that is wrong with D. Gray-man.
- Allen is an overpowered mary sue.
- The story is a convoluted mess of nothing. How is Allen related to the guy that controlled the arc? Who is mana? What the fuck happened to Tyki? Why is Cross considered so powerful? How does the heart of innocence play a role in all this? See, nobody knows what's going on and the author just keeps adding obscure elements that only serve to muddle the plot.
- Lenalee is a horrible and flat character.In
fact most everyone is a flat character. There are very few characters with different facets of personality. The most interesting characters are the little side ones like the gay cook and the nerd.
- Since most of them are static it keeps you from developing any sort of bond with them. So when Lenalee gets all emotional about losing Allen, I could care less. Few are personable.
- All of this reveals the biggest fault within the series: They're trying to save the world, but quite frankly I could care less about that world.
Saving the world is trite. It's predictable and gives the story no sense of originality. Combined with the mary sue flat ass characters, it creates an uninteresting pile of shit.