No.12040308 ViewReplyOriginalReport
After finishing Baccano!... I can say /a/'s taste has been dropping off since the days they used to recommend Akagi or the likes. I can't help but name it a truly terrible and barely entertaining really obnoxious show.

To begin with, there's this annoying wannabe-cool atmosphere, a forced degree of "mafioso" characterization that only easily-impressed teenagers would come to appreciate.

The shallow single-quirk characters should work likeably if it wasn't for the utterly in-your-face "we're awesome"-factor they try to push upon the spectator that shamefully fails and comes-of as rather "we're retarded but lucky".

Truth is, both their simplistic themes and plot-line only truly interest due to the gimmicky "time-jumping" storytelling. The script I've heard called clever is actually something that would make Shyamalan's writing look well-constructed in comparison.

It's only redeeming feature is the wonderful character design, but even then it is utterly raped by lazy animation directors that after episode one don't help the already terribly boring background design or the bad attempt at "bleak" coloring.