You're retarded. Fansubbers don't even have to try to make subs look like shit in VLC, VLC does it automatically. VLC should never be used as the main playback solution by anyone, because it simply sucks.
Some "features" of VLC:
- Absolutely horrible subtitle rendering
- Horrible seeking
- Audiorape while seeking
- No instant play/pause
- Slowdown while seeking for no reason
- Embedded subtitles are not on by default even if they were set to "forced" in the file
- Subtitles lag a mile behind when seeking
- Ridiculously shitty downscaling>>12028653
Since your problem seems to happen with specific files, the problem is more likely file-related than playback related. Try playing the file in some standalone player like VLC or MPlayer, if the green lines still appear (they should, since VLC and MPlayer both use libavcodec to decode DivX/XviD, just like FFDShow), the problem is in the file itself.