My issues with the anime comunity

No.11350481 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have been watching anime for 7 years, yet I am considered "old school" and that my experiences with anime aren't new enough for most of the people I have spoken to (regardless of the fact that whenever they want new anime they come to me). They constantly go on about Naruto like it's the holy grail of anime, and whoa unto you if you happen to mention that they could have maybe taken a break instead of torturing us with some of those filler arcs they stuck in. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Naruto, but having read the manga, the arcs were painful. This attitude seems to go across the board unfortunetely, with people getting hostile if I use the "wrong" name for a show, this seems to happen mostly for Bakuretsu Tenshi (Thanks to the local mag, forever known in this country as Burst Angel), which also typifies the other reason I get no community feeling from my fellow fans, I watch shows for the animation style, the story, not scantily clad females (If I wanted that I'd go to a night-club, the girls there are at least REAL). I also watch a lot of shows that get me wierd looks because they're considered "girly", such as Azumanga Diaoh and Ai Yori Aoshi, which I do enjoy because they're funny, but the story telling is also well done.

Thanks anonymous, I just had to get that off my chest.