* The staff went to three locations in Norway to form a basis for the movie's setting - Sognefjord (the second largest Fjord in the world), Jostedalsbreen (the largest glacier in Europe), and Bergen (the second largest city in Norway). This can be seen at the official website which shows a mountainous icy world with mountains on the ground and in the sky.
* This will be the second time when a legendary Pokémon from a previous movie reappears. The only other time was in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, where Mew made a second appearance after Mewtwo Strikes Back. It was, however, a different Mew, whereas the Dialga and Palkia in this movie are the same ones that battled over Alamos Town.
* This is also the first Pokémon movie where a legendary Pokémon reappears immediately after the previous film. In other words, this is the first Pokémon film to feature a legendary Pokémon twice in a row.
* This movie features the most legendary Pokémon of all, with five confirmed.
* The ending theme song for the movie is ONE by Crystal Kay.
* A recent trailer which first appeared after the DP071 and DP072 special implies that Ash's Gligar may evolve as there is a Gliscor with Ash's Pokémon and no sign of Gligar.
* The trailer also implies that either Brock or Dawn will capture a Swinub; many infer that it will be Dawn's due to its "cute" appearance, while others infer that Brock could get it due to it being a Ground-type (despite Brock's original preference being the closely-related Rock-type).
* It has been hinted in merchandise advertisements that either one or two Generation V Pokémon will be introduced in this movie, similar to how Munchlax was introduced pre-Generation IV in Destiny Deoxys. It remains to be seen whether this foreshadowing has been interpreted correctly.