No.11215073 ViewReplyOriginalReport
need something new to watch

(copy pasta)

Anime I liked so far:
Gundam 00
Kino's Journey
Paranoia Agent
Death Note
Elfen Lied (haven't seen the last 3 eps)
Hellsing (a little, and again haven't seen the last 3 eps)
Lucky Star
Princess Mononoke
Grave of the Fireflies

Anime I didn't really like:
Chrono Crusade
Ergo Proxy (nice style, horrible series)
He Is My Master
FMP: Fumoffu! (more due to the anime club deciding it would be a good idea to show a series sequel/ spin off without having shown the original series)
Monster (have a lot of respect for it, what I saw was good, but I couldn't watch a series that long)
Gungrave (saw half of it- a few episodes into the part where the fantasy element started to come in- again, I have a lot of respect for it and do think it's a good series which I'll go back and watch again eventually)
Fruit's Basket (looks good, but was too distraced)
Code Geass (well, I sat through about 9 episodes... It started good, and had some good moments, but otherwise it was... Meh. For some reason I decided to download the whole series and try it again, but now I'm changing my mind, hearing not long after I dropped it it just sank into fanservice and mundaneity)
Summary/ What I'm looking for: anything really good that I'll probably like, preferably with good story and characterisation, something that might get me thinking but still offer decent explanations for things rather than leaving them unresolved. Another Gundam or mecha series would be nice. No more than 26ish episodes without good reason. Decent animation quality- nothing too old please (i.e. more than 10 years).

If possible, I'd appreciate if you give a little summary of what the series is/ why you reccomend it and which group(s) is good for it.

Common reccomendations so far: Seirei no Moribito, Haibane Renmei, Wolf and Spice, Baccano!, SZS