Kishimoto has been talking consistently in the last half year that this series has three or so more years left in it. Unless he's picking up the story from a completely new angle, then he's a shit writer for the following "shoot myself in my feet" actions:
- Shitting quite a bit on the more innocent theme of the series (Gonna be Hokage!).
- Destroying the push for Orochimaru as the primary big bad
- Destroying any hype whatsoever for a Sasuke/Naruto rematch as Ninja Jesus outclasses Naruto's canon hax and then some.
- Destroying the push/fear behind the Akatsuki as a formidable wrecking force. Every single one TO DATE has lost to not a seasoned vet, but instead some snot-nosed kid. Kids, mind, that have in two and a half years, only one has shown any sort of significant improvement in battle ability (Sasuke).
- Destroying an otherwise perfectly useful plot-related trump card (Kabuto).
- CONTINUING to job the only other notably-improved character (Sakura).
- Cutting the story into a climax situation by advancing the Uchiha encounter AND foreshadowing Naruto's final showdown (Paine, Madara).
- Giving himself no workable/believable out whatsoever for the current plot following (Kisame and the Jinchuriki are fighting Hebi, a little over half of the Akatsuki are dead, Konoha's in the dark, and Paine is likely going to make a move on them in a month's worth of releases).
I'm not even going on about character bloat. He just fucked his own ending. As I've been saying, he logically has until late October before the story is seen as utter bile to the REST of his fanbase.