No.10881182 ViewReplyOriginalReport
If you anger easily don't read this shit.

/a/, I used to be somewhat weeaboo. I taught myself Japanese in 8th grade but have since forgotten it and I bought Pokemon Yellow from China Town before it was released in America (yes it was in Japanese). I used to like Gundam Wing, Ronin Warrios, Dragonball Z. However, now I hate most animes and realize former ones I liked are shit. I'm now resigned to watching animes on Adult Swim. I'd like you to help me broaden my anime vocabulary by telling me about good series based on a couple of things I like and don't like. Heres a list.

Don't Like:
Gundam Wing
Dragonball Z
Blood +
Sailor Moon

Do Like:
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Gundam: 08th MS Team
Great Teacher Onizuka
Samurai Champloo (ok but not as good as Cowboy Bebop)
Full Metal Alchemist

Short list but this is just a rough idea. You guys can rage about what I like or don't like but I just have an itch to watch more and I'd like some help. You can ask me what makes me like or hate a series as well, I'll reply when I can.

P.S: My friend and I were having an argument about Evangelion. Long story short, I mentioned how the creator of the series literally said the entire story is simply about Shinji not getting laid. He didn't believe me and I couldn't find the source. Anyone have an idea of what I am talking about and/or have the source? I swear I'm not making this up.