!tyAm/Fail. No.10419851 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Kawai Kenji (Oshii's GITS', Higurashi, SnM) - Albeit some of his scores are pretty much hit or miss (Gundam00's OST fucking blows) and tend to use the same style in specific OSTs, he's still one of my favourite composers.

Susumu Hirasawa (Berserk, Satoshi Kon's titles) - Well this guy hasn't composed much apart from those I mentioned above, but his sheer ingenuity is unmatched even though I'm not a big fan of his. He suffers from the same problems as Kenji; repetitive style (take Paprika's OST for one).

Iwasaki Taku (RK: Tsuiokuhen, Gurren Lagann, R.O.D.) - I've been a fan of this faggot ever since he scored for Kenshin OVA. I'd say his style range is pretty wide if we are to compare ROD-GL-RK.

Yoko Kanno - Pretty self-explanatory I guess. I wish she'd just paid less homage to obscure artists, if you know what I mean.

Ootani Kou (G Wing, both Shana) - Is this guy underrated on /a/ or what? Haven't seen people talk about him in anime composition threads. He's done the music for Shadow of the Colossus, if you've played the game. Epic shit is epic.

Taniuchi Hideki - FUCK YEAH, this guy did for Death Note, Kaiji and Akagi. 10/10 would torrent his music again.