All about you anonymous

No.10005934 ViewReplyOriginalReport

"Sex is a hassle," declares a 35-year-old Tokyo salaryman. Since age 19, he's found his hormonal urges could be satiated with adult sex aids.

"As long as I've got a place to do it with my omocha (toy), I don't need a woman," he says. "And anyway, sex is a turnoff. It's just as enjoyable to do it alone and not have to worry about having to please a partner."

"The Ice Age of Sex," proclaims Shukan Asahi (March 7), has arrived.

The Japan Family Planning Association, which periodically surveys young people, observed a marked decline in interest in sex from around 1999.

Take males in their third year of middle school — an age when puberty should be in full bloom. Males who said they desire sex plummeted, from 86 percent in 1987 to 36.9 percent in 2005. For females in the same age group, the figure peaked at 37 percent in 1993; in 2005 it had declined to 22.6.

What's to blame for this? Could it be computer games? Or economic factors?

"For me, games are good enough," admits a 21-year-old woman, who works part-time. She's completely addicted to otome gemu (computer games for young maidens) such as "Angelique." "I've decided I'll never engage in sex in my life. But I've seen adult videos and books, so I know what men like."